Of course I couldn't let the children from my classes sit idle for two whole weeks without creating. Time for a sketchbook challenge! If you are not in my classes - no worries - join in now (sorry I'm a little late in posting this). Don't worry too much about doing just one challenge a day, just ensure you get around to doing all the challenges. I added further motivation to complete it by offering a prize to the best sketchbook shown to me at the end of the holidays - watch for the announcement of the winner in a few weeks time.
We also made our own sketchbooks - 'cause we could!
What you need:
- Watercolour paper (one A4 per child folded in half)
- Office paper (4 pieces per child folded in half)
- Challenge rules (below) printed out and glued into first page
- Hole Punch
- Watercolour paints
- Oil Pastels
- Get the children to draw on their watercolour paper with the oil pastels
- Paint with the watercolours
- Let dry
- Fold around the office paper
- Punch holes with hole punch
- Thread ribbon through holes and tie bow
SUNNYSIDE ART HOUSE
14 DAY SKETCH BOOK CHALLENGE
Draw one thing each day from the list (in order)
Day 1: Yourself
Day 2: Favourite animal
Day 3: Favourite food
Day 4: Favourite book character
Day 5: A sea creature
Day 6: Your best friend
Day 7: Your family (including pets)
Day 8: Something you want
Day 9: Anything
Day 10: An insect
Day 11: A plant or flowers
Day 12: Comic
Day 13: Something orange
Day 14: A congratulations banner for finishing the challenge
You may use any art materials you wish to draw.
A prize will be awarded to the best sketch book at the start of Term 3 (please bring in your sketchbook to show Fiona first week of term).
Good Luck to everyone and have a lovely creative holidays!