Saturday 15 November 2014

Peter Diem Cows in Oil Pastel


Just look at these crazy cows we produced last week.  These are inspired by Peter Diem's artwork.  Thanks to Small Hands Big Art who did a few lessons based on Peter Diem.  I just love her oil pastel version, so I based this lesson on that.


These were such a huge hit I even got the children in my art club at school to produce them (sorry no pictures from this yet I can tell you there were some beauties!).  A great easy lesson that can produce amazing results in just half and hour - go on give it a go!

All you need is:
  • Black Paper (white will do if you don't have any)
  • Oil Pastels (including white)
I also supplied a handout on how to draw a cow (I need to work out how to copy handouts onto this blog).  However many children just did their own versions.

Ask the children to draw the cow with a white oil pastel first so it shows up on the black paper - then colour in.

Lots of Happy Looking Colourful Cows:



Cheers
Fiona




No comments:

Post a Comment