We started this lesson when all the magazines were out for our magazine fish artworks.
What you need:
- Old Magazines to cut up
- Black oil pastel
- White A3 paper
- Speak about both artists
- Read George's book "Why is Blue Dog Blue?"
- Draw the dog in black oil pastel (I had a handout to help them draw blue dog if they were a little stuck)
- Choose what colour the dog is going to be and start ripping / cutting up magazine pieces in that colour and gluing onto the dog.
- If the child is finding it hard to get enough pieces to "fill" their dogs with magazine pieces I gave them the option of using paint to fill in the remaining white bits.
- They had the choice of doing the background with paint or more magazine pieces