Thursday 30 April 2015

Mondrian Inspired Art



We produced some Mondrian inspired art the first week of term.  It was lots of fun and so easy to do.

I love giving the children a bit of choice so I left the theme very open ended in that their artwork just needed to be at least a little Mondrian inspired (ie just use primary colours, or use black ruled lines, or use bold colours).  I used the Deep Space Sparkle Mondrian elesson as inspiration for most of this lesson.  Since I couldn't decide which Mondrian lesson I wanted to use I gave the children choice on what they wanted to do and just put out the supplies below. 


Supplies:
  • A3 white paper
  • Coloured markers 
  • Rulers
  • Black permanent markers
  • Coloured Paper
  • Glue sticks
  • Black strips of paper
How to:
I just gave them free choice on how to use the supplies to create something Mondrian inspired.

The Results:

Mondrian inspired grids:


Mondrian inspired paper projects:



Mondrian inspired animals and shapes:








Cheers
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment