What you need:
- Black pieces of cardboard (a lucky donation)
- Oil Pastels
- Balls of Clay
- Spare Clay
- Watercolour Paints
- Paintbrush & water pots
- Sheet of plastic (I used overhead sheets also donated)
- Clear gloss
- Instruct the children to draw Dad onto the black cardboard using oil pastels
- Then cover this with a sheet of plastic
- Give them a ball of clay which they squish down onto the plastic until its the shape and size of Dad's head in their drawing
- Using the extra clay, skewer and water children make and attach eyes, nose etc (demonstration on how to attach properly given first)
- Using watercolours they added some colour to the clay (whilst still wet).
- The following week (when dry) I removed the sheet of plastic and glued the head to the picture and added a clear gloss.
I'm so loving these! I hope the Dad's like them too!